Solid Waste


Donny Wise, Director






Bennie Lee Jackson Jr., Director


SR 100 East- Take SR 100 East towards Keystone Heights, site will be on left.


Lawtey – 301 to red light in Lawtey, turn right on 225, go to NE 216th Street, turn right and go 2 blocks to NE 213th Street, turn left on 213th  and site is one block on right.

Starke – 301 to Old Lawtey Rd. in Starke, near the intersection with Market Road


Sampson – On Sampson Trestle Road just off SR-100 west


Brooker - On CR-18 near Brooker


SR 229 -   (Brownlee Road) near the intersection with CR-225




10:00 am - 6:00 pm Mon. through Sat.
  1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Sunday
 Closed on National Holidays                                                                                    





                   FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS                                                                  

 1. Who can use the Bradford County collection sites?
     The Bradford County Recycling and Solid Waste Collection Centers are for use by
     Bradford County residents only.

2. How do I show that I am a Bradford County resident?
     You can show the site attendant one of the following:

  • A Solid Waste Special Assessment receipt for the current year; or
  • A Bradford County Voter’s Registration card; or
  • A driver’s license showing your address.

3.  Is yard trash accepted?
     Yes, yard trash can be brought to the collection sites, limbs and branches
     can’t be more than six inches in diameter or over four feet in length.
    Leaves and Grass MUST BE BAGGED.
    Keystone- Site: You can put brush on the ground.
          No Other Trash Allowed on the Ground.

4.  Are there recycle bins?
     Yes, we have a recycle program. There are separate recycle bins for:
     1: Cardboard
    2: Aluminum Cans
   3: News Papers


 5.  We are remodeling our home, can we bring the old lumber
      to any of the collection sites in Bradford County?
      Bradford County Residents may use any collection site for
      a limited amount of construction materials, (No concrete,
      Roofing materials and No Treated Lumbers).
      Absolutely No Commercial Companies:
      Only One Pick-Up Truck or Small Trailer Load per Day. 


 6.  I have old tires I need to dispose of, can I take them to the collection
            Yes, residents are allowed to drop off up to five tires monthly from automobiles
              or pickup trucks at the collection sites.                 
              However oversized tires like those from tractors and other farm equipment
              must be taken to New River Regional landfill.

7.  How much household garbage can I bring to the collection site?
     Only 10 CANS or 30 Bags per day nothing more. 

8.  What items can I take to the collection sites?

  • HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE – such as table scraps, food wrappers, and similar materials.
  • YARD TRASH – such as limbs, branches, leaves, and grass.  Limbs may not be over six inches in diameter or over four feet in length.  Leaves and grass must be bagged.
  • GENERAL RESIDENTIAL DEBRIS – such as small furniture, lumber no longer than 6 foot in length, fence post, and empty paint cans.

              All Large Items MUST GO TO New River Solid Waste on 121.                                       

  • TIRES – from an automobile or pickup truck, but not more than 5 tires in any given month.
  • WHITE GOODS AND METAL – such as stoves, refrigerators, and similar items.
  • RECYCLABLE MATERIALS – such as aluminum and steel (tin), newsprint (not slick magazine type) and Cardboard.

9.  What items are not accepted at the collection sites?
Materials not accepted are:  Hazardous waste, old computers, used motor oil, burn    barrels, roofing materials, treated lumbers, concrete, automobile gas tanks, gas cylinders with the top still on, 55 gallon drums or other containers larger than 5 gallons.

10. Where can these materials be taken
Used motor oil can be taken to the Old Lawtey Road site.  All other materials must be taken to the New River Regional landfill on State Road 121 two miles north of State Road 16.  You should first call the landfill at 386-431-1000 to determine how these items must be prepared for disposal.

11. Does the Solid Waste Department provide pick up service? (NO)…






Bradford County Courthouse| 945 North Temple Ave| Starke, FL 32091
Phone: (904) 966-6280
Copyright 2010. Bradford County Department of Information Technology. All rights reserved.